Wednesday, May 10, 2017

URGENT: Link to Send a Quick Message to Congress About ME/CFS


As I mentioned on the blog last week in my advocacy post for ME/CFS Awareness Day, it's very important for us to contact our Congressional representatives: to tell them about ME/CFS and let them know that Awareness Day is this week. And now there's another reason to contact them right away: #MEAction and the Solve ME/CFS Initiative are hosting a Congressional Briefing on ME/CFS next week, on Capitol Hill.

Even better, the two organizations have made it very easy for all of us to tell our Congressional representatives about the briefing and Awareness Day with a fast and easy form to fill in.

I did it myself this morning, and it took less than 10 minutes to send a detailed note about ME/CFS to all 3 of my Congressional reps (Delaware is a very small state!).

So, do it right now - hop over to this link and fill in your contact information, click Show Me My Officials and your reps will show up across the bottom of the page, add in a few lines about your own personal experience in the space provided (I wrote about myself, my two sons, and the 35 families in the local support group I started), and click the Send button. That's all there is to it.

I was feeling bad that I can't manage to go to DC next week to join a friend for in-person Congressional meetings and the briefing, but at least I was able to tell my representatives my story.

Join in - it only takes a few minutes! Imagine the impact when all these Senators and Representatives are inundated with messages from constituents telling them how ME/CFS affects their lives. In this age of shrinking budgets and huge cuts proposed to the NIH, it's more important than ever for our voices to be heard!

No comments: